The Institute aims, within the framework of the constitutional and legal rules and principles, to achieve the following objectives:
1. To promote the democratic culture, support and establish the principles of sound democratic concepts.
2. To provide training programmes, studies and researches related to the constitutional and legal fields for various categories of the people, particularly the following
a) Members of the Shura Council and Council of Representatives in cordination with both councils.
b) Members of the Municipal Councils and in coordination with such councils.
c) Employees of State Ministries, public & private institutions, and civil society organisations.
3. To spread and develop political awareness among the citizens in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution and principles of the National Action Charter.
4. To support and develop scientific research in political systems and Constitutional Law fields.
5. To support the Parliamentary experience through the interpretation of its mechanisms, working methods and illustrating the control and legislative roles of the legal authorities.
6. To support the Municipal Councils experience and their role in serving the country and the citizens.
7. To establish the principle of legitimacy and sovereignty of law.
8. To provide programmes related to special studies on human rights in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution and the principles of the National Action Charter.
9. To support the centres and societies established to protect human rights.
10. To teach the rules, frameworks and principles of modern reform project of the Kingdom of Bahrain in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution and principles of the National Action Charter.
11. To enhance and disseminate the culture of dialogue and exchange of opinions.
12. To prepare qualified persons to take part in political activities.