The Forum Award
The idea of the annual Political Media Forum Award came from one of the recommendations of the Gulf Forum for political media in its first edition, and out of the belief of the Bahrain Institute for Political Development in the necessity to spread the culture of democracy and human rights, promote dialogue between the different currents of the society and enhance the values of tolerance and acceptance of the other. This concern emanates from the necessity to be aware of the importance of this approach in light of the current challenges, and from the fact that this is among the areas in which the Bahrain Institute for Political Development specializes as stipulated by the Royal Decree for its establishment to spread the culture of democracy and support the concept of sound democratic principles.
The award represents an ideal motivation to improve the content of journalistic and television material as far as the concept of the culture of democracy and the acceptance of the other is concerned at the level of the Cooperation Council States in order a bid keep abreast of the mechanisms and requirements of change in modern times.
To contribute to enhancing the culture of democracy and accepting the other, at the level of the Gulf Cooperation Council States (GCC).
- To deepen the climate of freedom and the spirit of national responsibility for the journalists and media specialists, regardless of their intellectual or cultural background.
- To encourage writers, journalists and media professionals to adopt a positive approach towards their professions, and activate within them the awareness of the culture of democracy and the acceptance of others.
- To highlight the leading efforts and effective initiatives of individuals and media institutions within the Gulf Cooperation Council States.
The Topic of the Prize:
The topic of the award shall have the same theme as that of the previous forum in order to provide an opportunity for the professionals, the media specialists and journalists to increase their production on the subject of the award throughout almost a year. Consequently, the topic of the prize which will be awarded this year, 2015, is as follows:” Promoting the Culture of Difference).
The Award Value:
- The winning Journalist will be granted a BD3,000 cash prize
- A BD 5,000- cash prize will be granted to the winning Television.
Award Granting Mechanism:
An independent academic commission will assess and decide which press or televised work directed to the Gulf region is eligible to compete for the award. This commission consists of academic professors specialized in media and in politics and coming from various GCC countries. The entries competing for the prize will be monitored by an independent company to ease the selection of the best works.
The Award Receipt:
The award is granted at the opening ceremony of the next forum, which will be held – God willing – in November 2015 in the Kingdom of Bahrain, where the winners will be invited to attend the activities and to receive the award
First: the Press Award
- The works nominated for the award must have been published in the period since the last Political Media Forum to the thirtieth of September (September 30) of each year.
- The press production must be linked with the subject of the award.
- Press work must be published in printed newspapers or magazines.
- The press material must be comprehensive in terms of elements (introduction, body, and conclusion).
- The prize shall be awarded the best Arabic press work related to the award subject.
- The press material must be characterized by cultural depth, accuracy of expression and clarity of vision.
- The press material must be characterized by originality and creativity.
- The press material must be characterized by stability and continuity.
Second: The TV Award
- The nominated works should have been broadcast in the period since the Political Media Forum to the thirtieth of September (September 30) of each year.
- The nominated TV programs (talk shows only) must be related to the topic of the award.
- The nominated TV programs should have been broadcast on satellite channels.
- These works must be comprehensive as far as their elements are concerned, with a vision and a clear message to achieve in the community.
- These works must deal with the topic of the award, taken from the reality of life and its problems concerning public affairs, with the aim of enriching the human, social, economic, cultural and religious dimensions.
- The work must be characterized by innovation and creativity and promoting the culture of the one-team spirit.
- The prize shall be awarded to programs, not individuals, in order to encourage the team spirit and teamwork.
The Secretary General
Dr. Yasser Al Alawi
Fax: (+973) 1782 1440
Phone: (+973) 1782 1183, (+973) 1782 1185